So an amazing Beauty Guru I found on YouTube, Rachel aka LashChronicles, tagged me for the $20 Makeup Challenge. This challenge requires you to to basically put on a full face of makeup for only $20.
This of course a challenge, especially when just my normal concealer Dr. Perricone's No Concealer Concealer is $45.
So to do the challenge, I initially thought about super affordable makeup that I could use. The first thing that came to my mind was.....e.l.f. makeup (or e.yes l.ips f.ace makeup)! It is sold at Target, is super, super affordable, and there are actually products that I wanted to try out anyways!
Excitingly, I was able to get a full-face worth of makeup, including 2 brushes, all for $19.13... AH-mazing!
So here is what I got:
- Face (total, $7.00)
- Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude, $3.00
- Clarifying Pressed Powder in Light Beige, $1.00
- Total Face Brush, $1.00
- Tone Correcting Concealer in Light Beige, $1.00
- Shimmering Facial Whip (compared to Benefit's High Beam :) in Lilac Petal, $1.00
- Eyes (total, $7.00)
- Lengthening & Defining Mascara in Black, $1.00
- Eyelid Primer (used by YouTube Beauty Guru ALoveTart), $1.00
- Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Black, $1.00
- Eyebrightening Color in Day to Night, $1.00
- Eyebrow Kit in Medium, $3.00
- Cheeks (total, $4.00)
- Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder (almost a dupe for Nars Laguna & Orgasm), $3.00
- Bronzing Brush, $1.00
- Lips (total, $1.00)
- Hypershine Lipgloss (received an Allure Beauty Award!) in Berry Cherry, $1.00
So some of these products are absolutely amazing and are rated very high among its users:
- Hypershine Gloss ranked 4.1/5 stars, based on 955 reviews!! It smells amazing and they have 12 great colors.
- Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder ranked 4.3/5 stars, based on 567 reviews!
- Eyelid Primer ranked 4.4/5 stars, based on 894 reviews!
- Eyebrow Kit ranked 4.5/5 stars, based on 465 reviews!
Overall, I think e.l.f. has some amazing products that can actually become a staple in any woman's collection. I am so excited to test out some more glosses for sure! And I think the eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, blush, and eyebrow kit are Wonderful!!! Considering that if I used my normal products, it would have cost almost $300 - this challenge was definitely an eyeopener.
I probably would have passed on their $1 brushes though. They shed too much for me :)
If you are interested in purchasing e.l.f. you can also go online at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/
They always has promotions, like buy $25, get $10 off! Can't beat that deal!
I will definitely tag some friends for this challenge, and feel free to do it! If you make a video or have a blog, let me know - I would love to check it out!
LashChronicles wonderful video can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfskVrt5Tsc
Happy Applying :)