Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cravebox June 2012

So this is my very first Cravebox, after patiently waiting for TWO whole months to finally get a subscription....YAY!!!



So Cravebox is a sample service that costs $10/month, but it's concept is a little different than my normal subscriptions that are based on beauty products.

Here is a description from the Cravebox website:

Cravebox is a wildly popular product discovery service that puts crave-worthy products into the hands of our lucky Cravebox Members. Each month our team of Cravebox Curators scours the earth for the best of the best, and carefully prepares boxes that arrive at members’ homes. So you get ~ 5 sample to full size products that are basically thought to be awesome products!

The theme of this box is:

"A Taste of the Tropics:
              Are you ready for summer? Feel the sand in your toes, the sun on your face, and your senses awakened by tropical ingredients. The May Cravebox transports you to your own island paradise of tropical fragrances, sensual skin, and delightful delicacies.
              The May box contains an amazingly tasty healthy treat, an uplifting invigorating beverage, luscious morsels evoking the sea, richly nourishing skin repair, and a swooningly scented body scrub. Tell us how you enjoy this month’s selection of products, and indulge yourself!"

Here is what I got:

  • Guylian Artisanal Belgian Chocolates that are in the shape of seashells, 6-piece sample value ~ $15.00
    • Tasty, but I can taste Hazelnut and I prefer other nuts :)
  • Skintersection Intense Repair Cream, full size sample $17.95
  • Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub, full size sample $7.49 on Amazon
  • Lipton Tea and Honey To-Go, 1 sample ~ $0.60
    • I tasted this and it is fantastic! It is only 5 calories/serving, plus there are some other amazing flavors I would like to try! It also came with a $0.50 off coupon :)
  • plumAmazins, 2 samples $1.50
    • THEY ARE PRUNES...lol. I tasted them and they are great....because I LOVE prunes :) They Amazin part about them is that they are like the size of raisins and would be fantastic to put in oatmeal, cereal, etc. I guess Sunsweet is trying to reinvent the prune. It also came with a $0.55 off coupon :)
So the value of the box  ~ $42.55.

This is definitely well above the $10.00 I paid for the box. And all of the products were thoughtfully along the theme of Taste the Tropics :)

So far my initial thoughts are:
  • Love the packaging of the box
  • Interesting products, and 2 that I tried already and loved
  • Love that they included coupons
  • I look forward to another box!
Happy Unboxing!

Bonnie





No comments:

Post a Comment