Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sheer Cover Review

Hi Everyone!

So www.thoughts.com has lost my blog :( Super sad, but on a positive note this is going to my new blog!! Sometimes change is for the better. I may have lost a TON of my blogs, but I gained a new "Blog Spot"...lol.

So I wanted to review a great product that I was able to test and review complementary through Influenster's Vox Box Program! I received a Full-size Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Light/Medium.


I want to show you how it works, but first here are some specs about the product taken from the Influenster website:
  • Sheer Cover® Concealer is perfect for all skin types and tones, and is a customer favorite.
  • It also moisturizes with Jojoba and Allantoin.
  • It instantly conceals blemishes, dark spots, hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone
How to Use:Using fingertips, concealer brush or a cosmetic sponge dab a small amount of concealer on area to be covered. Blend well. Start sheer, adding layers to increase coverage. Wear alone, under or over makeup. Let dry before applying makeup.

Where to Buy:
Customers can visit www.SheerCover.com or call 1-877-489-2035 to purchase Sheer Cover.
$29.95 for the concealer (non-member price) and $29.95 for the introductory system, which also includes the Duo Concealer.


So let me show you the product in action and then I will tell you the PROS and CAN BE IMPROVED :)

These are my problem spots:

This is the lighter concealer:


This is the lighter concealer blended (note that you can still see the red mark on my left cheek):

So I put on the darker concealer:

This is the darker concealer blended in (the red spot is lighter, but still a little visible): 

This is a before and after (with light makeup applied): 



Pros:
  • It hydrates the under eye area
  • It comes in two shades to play with
  • Great packaging
  • Easy to apply
  • Multiple shades available
Can be improved:
  • Need to finish it with a powder or it can cake
  • Can't buy in local stores
  • Doesn't fully conceal on own (but can with finishing powder)
  • A little pricey
Overall, I think the product does a good job. I personally like the lighter color better, and would be more likely to purchase the product if they sold it separately. If you want to try the product, Sheer Cover has an amazing deal right now that let's you try out a whole kit that contains the Duo Concealer. It costs $9.95 and includes: Two shades of Mineral Foundation, Duo Concealer, Base Perfector Primer, a Kabuki Brush, plus Free Shipping!!! Click HERE for the deal :) 


If you are interested in being an Influenster, check it out at www.influenster.com! It is a fantastic community of members!!

Let me know you have any questions!

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment