Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Review & Demo

So www.thoughts.com has lost my blog :( Super sad, but on a positive note this is going to my new blog!! Sometimes change is for the better. I may have lost a TON of my blogs, but I gained a new "Blog Spot"...lol.

So I recently was given the opportunity to test and review Sally Hansen Salon Effects complementary through a collaboration with Influenster's Vox Box Program!

I was so excited, because through Influenster I was originally introduced to Nail Polish Strips and now I was able to try out another popular brand!


I will review how they work below, but first here is some information about the product taken from the Influenster webpage:

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips
Don't Get Stuck With a Sticker!

Nothing feels or wears like real nail polish. Now Sally makes it easy to get Salon Effects anytime, any place using real nail polish – with no dry time! Don’t settle for plastic imitations that peel off. We’re the real thing. Just peel, apply & file!
  • No dry time
  • Lasts up to 10 days
  • Removes easily with nail polish remover
  • 40 must-have styles

So I got Salon Effects in Kitty Kitty, which is a really cute leopard pattern:






It comes with 16 nail strips, a cuticle strip, and a file.



This are the what the strips look like: 



So before you start, you need clean, dry nails - I just cleaned my nails with polish remover:
  

Then you match the strip to your nail. They are bendable so you can accurately check!




You then pull off the plastic cover, and then carefully remove the polish strip:




You apply the strip, smooth it on to your nail by gently pressing it down and stretching it slightly to match the exact size of your nail:




Then use the soft end of the file to press around your nail edge, and the rough part of the file to file off the excess :)

And Presto, you have a dry, polished nail - just like that!



I then painted my remaining nails with a coral peach color:



And then I did my toes! Here is the finished look :)




Pros:
  • No drying time
  • Amazing patterns
  • Easy to use
  • Last a really long time on my toes (going on 15 days), and lasted 7 days on my nail without chipping!
  • Affordable
  • Look like you have a manicure in no time!
  • Can cut the strips to do a mani and pedi
 Can Be Improved:
  • A little delicate, so be careful or can tear
  • Not as glossy of a finish
  • An interesting texture when I stretched it, so possibly a user issue
  • Thin, maybe could be a little thicker

Overall, I would rank them 4.5/5. I would definitely repurchase them, because they are so much fun and I got A LOT of complements on them.

Where to Buy
Available at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally. The Retail Price: $9.99, but I have seen many deals available at CVS & Walgreens recently :)
To learn about Salon Effects and other wonderful Sally Hansen products, go www.sallyhansen.com

Thanks for reading and Happy Sticking!!!

Bonnie

Note: I received this product complementary for testing an review purposes from Influenster. If you are interested in joining this amazing community of members, go to www.influenster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment