Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sample Free by 2016 + Welcome Back!!

It is a New Year, which means time for New Resolutions!!

One of my resolutions is to get back into blog posting....Yay! I love blogging, and something came up that inspired me to blog again....something called "Sample Free by 2016."

Sample Free was created by WiMomMandy. She is the wonderful person that is a mom who lives in Wisconsin. She has a family and loves all things beauty. She came up with, along with one other person, a way to encourage people to use up their beauty samples by the end of the year. If you are a beauty hoarder like myself, and have a ton of beauty samples, then you know that samples are awesome but prevent you from using your normal products. On the flip side, samples are great, because you may something you adore better than something you already own.

What are the "rules"?
1. Count how many samples you have, and take a picture off them.
2.  Post your starting number and picture of samples on Instagram.
3.  As you use up samples (daily, weekly, etc.), take a picture and post it on Instagram with a running total of how many samples you've used up/how many total samples you have.
4. As you find more samples, add them to your running total.

This challenge has been accepted by quite a few people already. Mostly, the updates on what samples are being used, thoughts, etc., are being posted to Instagram. I know a couple of people are also going to do monthly fav videos on You Tube as well.

I have decided to post my updates on Instagram (user name: luv_my_guys), and also blog more indept reviews on the samples I use up, here.

What is my total you ask???

565!!!! Yes, 565 beauty samples that I have accumulated over the past years. It is overwhelming, to say the least. However, I have found it to be extremely rewarding and I am only on Day #4 as I am writing this.



What I love is that I am using my samples. If I don't like it after one use...."See ya later!" My number of samples will dwindle down, and I may even find some rare gems in there.

That all being said, Happy, Happy New Year!!! Welcome to 2015, and I hope you enjoy my upcoming blog posts. I also found out that I am expecting Baby #3....Woo Hoo!! I imagine I will be blogging about that as well!


Please let me know if you have any questions. If you plan to join Sample Free by 2016, you don't have to post pictures. You can always just update me in the comments!! If you have an Instagram and do it, let me know what your user name is. We are using hashtags: #SampleFreeBy2016 and #SampledOut. WE CAN DO THIS...lol!

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment