Friday, January 9, 2015

Sample Free by 2016 - Day #6 Beauty Samples

January 6th, 2015 - 23/565 Samples = $10.27/79.79

Here are the samples I used up:


Sample #19 - Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, value = $0.45
 

Thoughts: This is not a BB cream! This is more like a tinted moisturizer that has no coverage and no spf.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #20 - bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer, value = $0.82
 

Thoughts: Nothing more than a simple moisturizer, no worth the money.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #21 - bareMinerals Active Cell Renewal Night Serum, value = $2.00
 

Thoughts: I don't necessarily see the point in having a different serum for day and night. This has a slightly yellow tint, and is supposed to deliver nutrients to your skin while you sleep. A little gimicky if you ask me, and my skin looked no better when I woke up in the morning.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #22 - Great Barrier Island Bee Co. Manuka Honey Hand Cream, value = $6.00


Thoughts: For a hand cream, this is emollient. The smell is something I can not get past though. It has this almost stale smell that forces me to wash it off.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #23 - YSL Radiant Touch Touche Eclat, value = $1.00?
 

Thoughts: The sample came with 3 shades: 1.0, 2.0, and 4.5. I own 2.0 already, and this is a yellow-based highlighter. 1.0 is a pink-based highlighter, and 4.5 is just a darker shade for richer complexions. This is an amazing concealer/highlighter. The formula is beautiful! It goes on so nicely, and does not crease. Although I own 2.0, I actually was so happy to try 1.0. The pink shade is the least salmony shade I have ever tried, so the subtleness works perfectly under the eyes. I highly recommend this, although it is extremely pricey. Looking for an alternative? Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch is a good one.

Would I repurchase: Definitely!


Overall Thoughts:

Super happy I tried the pink shade of the YSL, but for $41 - maybe I wish I didn't...lol!

Please let me know if you have finished up any samples, or if you have any opinions on any of these products.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment