Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sample Free by 2016 - Day #4 Beauty Samples

January 4th, 2015 - 13/565 Samples = $12.60/59.41

Here are the samples I used up:


Sample #7 - bareMinerals Ready spf20 Foundation, value = $0.10


Thoughts: This is a nice powder foundation application wise, but there are better that I have used, i.e. MAC Studio Fix. The claims are that this is supposed to be hydrating 108% more times than your normal skin. I actually felt like my skin was drier.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #8 - L'occitane Verbena Body Lotion, value = $2.97


Thoughts: Although this lotion is hydrating, I smelled like Lemon Pine-sol...enough said.

Would I repurchase: NO!!


Sample #9 - L'occitane Almond Delicious Hands Hand Cream, value = $3.6


Thoughts: I like the smell of almonds, but this was not hydrating enough for me.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #10 - First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, value = $0.20


Thoughts: This is a very nice face cleanser. Simple and effective. It does not take off eye makeup completely, but that has never bothered me (none of them really do). I feel like this is a higher priced cleaser ($26/8 oz), and if you are looking for another amazing option, Cetaphil is great.

Would I repurchase: Yes, but during Sephora's 20$ off sale :)


Sample #11 - Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain in Forever Pink, value = $2.50



Thoughts: This is not very hydrating and the color is this ghastly pink, i.e. way too bright pink for everyday wear. I did not even try this on my cheeks, because it is too greasy and NOT for me.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #12 - Radical Skin Perfecting Sunscreen, value = $2.16


Thoughts: If you can tell in this picture, the sunscreen is a lightly-tinged, pink color. Although it absorbed very nicely, and was easy to apply - it contains too many light-reflecting particles. I imagine this is why your skin is supposed to "appear" perfect. I think I just appeared too shiny and bright. Kudos for being an all natural brand, and if you have dull skin, you might just love this.

Would I repurchase: NO.


Sample #13 - L'oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher, value = $1.07


Thoughts: This is a silicone based primer that is supposed to blur your pores. Mine actually were larger after an hour. Although my skin was mattified briefly, this did not last long. Benefit's Porefessional is 100x better and around the same price (for less products though).

Would I repurchase: NO.

So not my best day in sampling, but the best part was that I worked through some more samples and could throw them away since I did not like them ---- WIN!

Please let me know if you have finished up any samples, or if you have any opinions on any of these products.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment